A museum, a tradition
Its main house of the reception is in honor to the Old Hacienda Uxmal, history of the important sugar estate of the family Peón.
It is not a conventional museum, our focus goes to the interactive side, where you are
The protagonist of the tour.
The concept of the museum is to rescue the history of cacao; From Mexico to the world in
Botanical gardens with cocoa trees along the way.
It has 6 permanent rooms, each of which represents an important aspect in the history of cocoa, a timeline from fruit to chocolate today.
• Cocoa in offerings.
• Methods and meanings.
• The tradicional mayan house.
• Mayan traditional chocolate drink.
• Cocoa butter
• Cocoa as currency, trade.
• Mayan market.
• Import and export at the Mayans time.
• First encounters with foreigners in lands from american continent.
• Hernán Cortés meeting with Moctezuma.
• Integration to the world.
• Cocoa varieties.
• Cocoa press.
• Cocoa industrialization.
Cocoa in the 20th century
• Chocolate in the royal court.
Cocoa in the 18th century
• Sugar creation process.
In the Historic Center of Valladolid
C.40 entre 37 y 39 centro Valladolid, Yucatán
+52 (999) 289 9914
Choco-Story is open from Monday to Sunday from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
General: $150 pesos M.N
Students and INSEN (with identification): $110 pesos M.N
Children (between 6 and 12 years):$75 pesos M.N
Children under 6 years: Free